Environmental dynamics for the territories
Since 1992, the non-profit organization Orée
has brought together companies, associations, institutions, universities and local authorities so as to develop a joint reflection on their environmental impacts
and especially on environmental management
and its practical implementation at landscape level
The name Orée, chosen by the founding Chairman in reference to a quote from Henry David Thoreau’s work, Walden or life in the woods:
“As the economy advances, the edge of the woods retreats”, illustrates the spirit of this association, eager to offer solutions which compensate for the effects of blind economic growth, detrimental to nature, in an effort to reconcile economy and ecology. The spirit of the association is reflected in its 7 priorities
- On the occasion of the eleventh meeting of the Conference of the Parties (COP11) of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Orée was pleased to organize a side-event in Hyderabad on October 19, 2012. The theme: How stakehodlers can build both with economy and biodiversity goals?
For more information, check out:
- all presentation materials stakeholder
- CDB's website
- final report of the eleventh meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity
- Ghislaine Hierso, director and ex-president, Sylvie Bénard, director and ex-president, and some members of our non-profit organization will represent Orée in Rio for the Earth Summit Rio+20 (20-22 June 2012).
Click here to see Orée's actions for Rio+20 !
- Find Ghislaine Hierso and Nathalie Boyer interview (p.62-64) appeared in the number third of Inline magazine Sidel, winner of Business and Environment Awards 2011.
"Think Green !
Since 1992, the non-profit organisation Orée, helps helps companies find smart ways to differentiate themselves. "
Houdet, J., Trommetter, M., Weber, J., 2011. "Understanding changes in business strategies regarding biodiversity and ecosystem services", Ecological Economics.
“Innovative accountability methods for biodiversity”, dans Business 2020, Vol. 6, Issue 1 (revue du Secrétariat de la CDB), juin 2011
- Special issue "Promoting business reporting standards for biodiversity and ecosystem services". Click here !
Eco design platform
Every product and service impacts on the environment. The ecodesign is a preventive approach of continual improvement, which consists in reducing the negative impacts of the products during its whole life cycle, from the extraction of the raw materials to the product recycling, while conserving or optimizing its functionality and performance.
The ecodesign platform gives you the opportunity to discover on your own the ecodesign approach, and to help you in your progress if you are already familiar with the approach.